Gujarati Kadhi recipe: - Kadhi was included in the Chinese President's menu when he visited Ahmedabad. There are different varieties of Kadhi in India, due to which Gujarati Kadhi is completely different from Sindhi Kadhi, Rajasthani Kadhi, Bohri Kadhi, or a UP Kadhi, except that all are yogurt-based (except Sindhi Kadhi which is a Is the basis of tamarind). In Gujarat, it is served with khichdi or boiled rice. How to make easy kadhi at home. How to make Gujarati kadhi at home restaurant style.
Ingredients for Gujarati Kadhi
- Curd - 400 grams (2 cups)
- Gram flour - 80 grams (1/2 cup)
- Oil - 2-3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - half a teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - half a teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds - half a teaspoon
- Curry leaves - 6-7
- Asafoetida - 2-3 pinch
- Turmeric - 1/4 teaspoon
- Green chili - 1-2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1-inch long piece grated (a small spoon paste)
- Salt - as per taste (1 1/2 tsp)
- Jaggery or sugar - a small spoon
- Whole Red Chili - 2
- Red chili powder - less than a quarter teaspoon
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp (chopped)
How to make Gujarati Kadhi
If the curd is slightly sour and full of cream, kadhi becomes tastier.
- Sieve the gram flour, mix yogurt and gram flour, and mix in a mixer. Take out the yogurt and gram flour solution in a big vessel,
- Add three times (1.2 liters or 6 cups) water from the curd and mix it. The batter is ready to make Kadhi.
- Heat oil in a pan, put cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds in hot oil (keep the flame slow). After adding cumin, fenugreek seeds, add curry leaves, asafoetida, turmeric powder, green chili, and ginger paste and fry it lightly.
- Add Kadhi solution to the roasted spices. Cook it with a spoon until it comes to a boil on a high flame. After the curry comes to a boil, stop stirring with a spoon, add salt and sugar to the curry,
- Add half the green coriander and red chilies to the curry, let the curry cook for 15 minutes on a low flame.
- Kadhi has been prepared, take out the curry in a bowl. To decorate the Kadhi,
- heat a little oil in a small pan, add a quarter teaspoon of cumin seeds in the hot oil, and turn off the flame, add whole red chili and 1-2 pinch of red chili.
- Put the tempering in the kadhi and mix the remaining green coriander in the kadhi (Gujarati Kadhi).
Our delicious Gujarati Kadhi dish is now ready. Serve it on a plate and enjoy eating it with your loved ones.
Hope this article was helpful to you and help you in gaining some knowledge. Comment Below and give some feedbackCheck out our cooking section by clicking Here.
Don't Forget to Share this topic with your Friends. You can just share this on Facebook,Twitter and You can also E-Mail.