How To Make Boeuf bourguignon: Beef bourguignon which is known by many names such as bœuf bourguignon, beef Burgundy, bœuf à la Bourguignonne, is basically a beef stew braised in red wine flavored with carrots, onions, garlic, and a bouquet garni, and garnished with pearl onions, mushrooms, and bacon. This is a really delicious dish which is generally originated in France.
So today I am going to tell you about the recipe of Boeuf Bourguignon and I know that after reading the steps given below you will wonder that how easy and convenient it is to make Boeuf bourguignon at home. I am sure that following the steps given below this recipe will give you tasty Sauerbraten just like the market.
Ingredients used to make Boeuf bourguignon:-
- 6 slices of bacon, cut into lardons
- Three and a half tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 pounds of stewing beef, cut into 2-inch pieces.
- 1large carrot, sliced
- 1large white onion, sliced
- 1 pinch of coarse salt with freshly ground pepper
- 2 table spoons of all-purpose flour
- 3 cups of red wine
- 5 cups of beef stock
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 2 cloves smashed garlic
- Half teaspoon of thyme
- 1crumbled bay leaf
- 15 to 20 small pearl onions
- Three and a half tablespoons of butter
- 1 herb bouquet (4 sprigs parsley, 2 sprigs thyme, 1 bay leaf)
- 1 pound of fresh white mushrooms, quartered
STEPS TO MAKE BOEUF BOURGUIGNON AT HOME
- Take a pot add bacon lardons with 4 cups water and boil for 10 minutes. After boiling drain water and keep them to dry.
- Now preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a frying pan add one tablespoon of oil and fry bacon for 3 minutes.
- Now add the sliced carrots, onions, bacon, beef, salt, flour, ground pepper back to the pot and cook well after mixing properly.
- Now add the wine, stock, tomato paste, garlic, and thyme. Cover it with a lid and cook on low flame for 3 to 4 hours.
- Now in between it add butter, oil, onions in a pan and cook till they get browned for 10 minutes. Then add the beef stock with a pinch of salt, pepper, and herb bouquet.
- Reduce the heat to low flame, cook for about 40 minutes. Then remove the onions and keep them aside. At last, add the mushrooms and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Now drain the beef stew through from colander in the pot. Keep the pot with sauce on medium flame and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Now pour the beef, vegetables, onions, and mushrooms with the sauce back into the pot. Mix all the ingredients well and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Now our delicious dish is ready to serve it and enjoy eating it with your loved ones.
Ø Hope this recipe was informative to you and you will also try, making this healthy and delicious dish at your home and surprise your family members.
Hope this article was helpful to you and help you in gaining some knowledge. Comment Below and give some feedbackCheck out our cooking section by clicking Here.
Don't Forget to Share this topic with your Friends. You can just share this on Facebook,Twitter and You can also E-Mail.