How To Make Dhokla: Dhokla is a very delicious and light vegetarian dish. It can be eaten as breakfast or the main meal. Dhokla is a very famous and delicious dish which is mainly found in the Indian state of Gujarat and in parts of adjacent states also. It is very famous due to its delicious taste. So here today we are going to learn a recipe about how to make a delicious and mouth-watering dhokla. You can surprise your elder family members by making this delicious dish as dhokla is mainly love by elders. This is a really delicious recipe to satisfy your hunger as well as taste. It is made with a fermented batter which is made from rice and split chickpeas.
After reading the steps below you will wonder how easy and convenient it is to make dhokla at home. And I am sure that after following the steps given below you need not order it from outside instead you will prefer making it at your home, also it will more hygienic, affordable and healthy as compared to market dhokla as it is made by you.
Ingredients used to make Dhokla are:-
- Besan, lemon, water, oil, eno, chili, salt, sugar, mustard seed.
Preparation of batter: -
- So to prepare dhokla first we need to prepare the batter.
- Take a bowl of one and a half cups of besan, half teaspoon of salt, half tea spoon sugar, half tea spoon turmeric powder. Mix everything together.
- After mixing well add some water to it, to make a well thick batter. You need to mix it well so there are lumps formed in the batter, it can take 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now our batter is ready. Make sure to keep it side, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now add a packet of eno to the batter and mix well. Eno is added to make our dhokla soft and fluffy.
- Till our batter is resting let's Grease our cake tin with some oil.
- After greasing is completed put all batter in the cake tin and spread it uniformly.
- The next step is to steam cook the dhokla batter for which you need to take a pot, add some water, and let it get boiled.
- When water gets heated up gently place the cake tin in pot cover it with a glass plate and steam cook it for around 20 minutes on low flame.
- After completion of 20 minutes check whether dhokla is cooked or not by inserting a toothpick, if it s clean it means it is cooked well.
- Take the tin out and keep it aside.
- Take a pan pour some oil in it with ½ tsp mustard seed, 5 green chili, and curry leaves, and cook it for 1 minute. Then add half a cup of water with ½ tsp salt, 2 tsp sugar. Mix them well and after 2 minutes turn the gas off. Squeeze a lemon to it.
- Now gently tap the time and take out dhokla, cut it in proper shape add spread this syrup all over the dhokla.
- And your yummy dhokla is ready to eat.
Hope you like this recipe and will try to make this delicious dhokla at home. You children will be amazed and will enjoy eating this delicious recipe.
Hope this article was helpful to you and help you in gaining some knowledge. Comment Below and give some feedbackCheck out our cooking section by clicking Here.
Don't Forget to Share this topic with your Friends. You can just share this on Facebook,Twitter and You can also E-Mail.