Beef Rendang is an Indonesian spicy meat dish which is basically originated from the Minangkabau region which is situated in West Sumatra, Indonesia. It is a very famous dish of Indonesian cuisine; also it is spread in its neighbors like Southeast Asian countries such as Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, and the Philippines. It is a very rich source of proteins which are building blocks of our body and also helps in bodybuilding.
So today I am going to tell you about the recipe for Beef rendang and I know that after reading the steps given below you will wonder that how easy and convenient it is to make Beef rendang at home. I am sure that following the steps given below this recipe will give you tasty Beef rendang just like the market. How to make a simple meat dish.
Ingredients used to make Beef rendang
- 12 dried chilies
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh galangal
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 lb/ 1 kg chuck steak, or other slow cooking beef
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 tsp of clove powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 lemongrass stick
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 tsp tamarind puree/paste, or tamarind pulp soaked in 1 tbsp of hot water
- 4 large kaffir lime leaves, very finely sliced
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp brown sugar or grated palm sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
STEPS TO MAKE BEEF RENDAND AT HOME
- Put 12 dried chilies, 1 small onion, finely chopped, 5 cloves of garlic, 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, 1 1/2 tbsp fresh galangal, 1 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger, 2 tbsp oil in a food processor and mix them finely.
- You can also blend them with help of a blender.
- Heat oil in a frypan on high flame and add half the beef to it cook it till get brown, and then remove it on a plate.
- Now on medium flame cook spice paste and cook for 2 to 3 minutes till it gets darkens.
- Now add 1 tbsp oil, 1 cinnamon stick, 1/4 tsp of clove powder, 1/2 tsp cardamom powder, 1 lemongrass stick, 400ml coconut milk, 2 tsp tamarind, 4 large kaffir lime leaves, 1/3 cup desiccated coconut and cook them for a while
- Put the lid on the pan and leave it for 1 hour.
- Turn up gas to medium flame, stirring everything until the beef browns and the sauce reduces to a paste that coats the beef.
- Now our delicious beef rendand is ready remove it from pan and serve it in a pate.
- Enjoy eating this tasty dish with your loved ones.
Hope this article was helpful to you and help you in gaining some knowledge. Comment Below and give some feedbackCheck out our cooking section by clicking Here.
Don't Forget to Share this topic with your Friends. You can just share this on Facebook,Twitter and You can also E-Mail.